Drew started therapy this last week. On Thursday, I woke Drew up at 6:30am to be ready by 7:30 to leave for "Class". His one on one started at 8am till 9am and his group class started at 9am till 10am. He had his moments of frustration but did a really good job. I'm so proud of my little guy. He had a moment during his one on one that he actually started to cry. It was very sad and I think the teacher felt bad. But he made it through and we are still moving forward. Yesterday, Drew had one on one at home. He did pretty much what he did the day before but he could run around the house if he needed too. So next week we start our set schedule, so every Tuesday we have the 8am one on one and 9am group. Then Wednesday will be 11am one on one. His speech will start on the 24th. That will be Monday, Wednesday at 11:30 and his one on one Wednesday will move to 10:30. So for the next 6 months Drew will be going to "Class" Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
So Drew is learning how to say in Sign Language......
open please, help, more(Already knew), helicopter, plane.......
I know that there will be more words to come.
Oh cute story from his group class.........During snack time Drew was doing his normal round of the table to steal some food. The kid next to him had fruit snacks and Drew tried to take it out of his hand. I told Drew to say please and helped him say it. The next thing I see is the other kid placing the snack in front of Drew. I had him say thank you and a little later Drew was asking for more. It was so cute.
Just a side note.....David left for scout camp today and I'm husband less for a week. Thanks in advance to my parents to be helping me with Babysitting this next week.

2 comments:
you're wecome
We love our grandson, I.m glad to help. I'm excited to meet you at class tomorrow
Therapy is so much fun. I loved all the classes, sign language, occupational therapy and speech that Thomas was involved in. It is amazing how they progress. So cool.
Post a Comment