LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Please feel free to leave a comment when You visit the blog. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Update & the 4th

Well, after I posted the last post Andrew got worse. While I was at work he stopped eating and drinking anything. He also got this horrible cough that would make him cry but it hurt to cry. David drugged him up on cough medicine and Andrew slept through the night.

So onto the 4th of July mini Vacation. We didn't leave the house until 10:30 to drive to San Diego. Andrew stayed awake the whole drive down there. Once we got to San Diego we tried to put him in a room to take a nap. He just sat in the room watching "Finding Nemo" the whole time. Now it is about 2:30 pm. blast. Last year he wasn't old enough to enjoy the fun of the beach. Since he was still awake we took a walk down to 'Dog beach'. (We were to lazy to put any suits on.) Andrew had aThis year he would just run into the water. He really wasn't that interested in all the dogs running around. Andrew just so fascinated at the water coming at him. He would just run to meet the water and stop right before they meet and wait for the water to hit his feet. But once the water would rush past his feet he would fall backwards onto his butt. I would stand him up and once the water rushed back out he would fall on his face. He just kept running further and further out into the water. Since we were at dog beach, it takes a little while for the water to get too deep. I had to stop Andrew when he got waist deep because the if he fell over, he really would be under water. After about a half an hour at the beach Andrew had enough of getting salt water in the mouth we went back to the house. After a bath and some rest, David and I decided to take Andrew for a walk in the stroller. (Still trying to get him to take a nap.) With this being the 'College Capitol of the World' there were a ton of drunk parties going on. But Andrew finally fell asleep. But not how we normally does. Usually when I am pushing him the stroller, he would lean back and relax to fall asleep. On the 4th, he just feel asleep sitting up. David looked down at him through the window and saw Andrew hit his head on his sippy cup. He looked around the side of the stroller and sure enough he was asleep sitting up. I pushed the back rest back to straight and leaned Andrew back for some support to sleep. We hoped that this time he would take a decent nap. He stayed in his pack-n-play for maybe 20 minutes before he woke up crying. Since he hadn't had a really nap, we weren't going to last. So David and I packed up our things and left San Diego at 6 pm and drove home. We arrived home around 8:30 pm and laid Andrew down in his bed. As soon as we did that he fell right asleep.

But don't think the day ends there. Andrew had another rough night. His congestion get worse that he was unable to breath at night. (Around 1 am) He was so worn out that he just wanted to sleep. We sat in the bathroom with the shower on hot to breath in the steam. David mostly was up and down all night. In the morning we had a really hard time getting the Anti-biotic, Motrin and cough medicine down him. We thought that he had developed strep but David's sister, Jennifer, said that he sounds like he had croup. She ran out and got some medicine and I sent my time after/during work finding a cold mist humidifier. I bought one and we put it in his room last night to sleep with.

Today he sounded a little bit better but the game of getting food and fluids down his continues.

4 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

i love the seaweed in the face picture - yuck!
hope he's feeling better soon!

little miss shortcake said...

oh, i guess it's on his arm. but i still love the face.

Jennifer said...

We miss Drew! I am glad we got to see many weeks of him being his normal self, before he was down for the count with the barking cough and hoarse voice. Poor little guy.

I love the beach pictures.

Lisa said...

I hope he's feeling better!