LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Please feel free to leave a comment when You visit the blog. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Perfect Day to go to the Pool

We went to the pool today and it was the perfect day to do so. It has gotten hot the last couple days and I'm not in the mood to just sit around the house with two crabby kids and no husband. So I gave our friend Dusty a call and invited her to join us at the pool. I also put the offer out to my parents to join us at the pool. We had a small pool party. So I took my camera along to get the first pool enjoyment of the season and Kaitlynn's first time to the pool. I put Kaitlynn in Andrew's old swim suit because I wanted a swim shirt on her and I had to put the shorts on too because I have two suits for her and they are either too small or too big. She fit perfectly in Drew's suit. Can you guess who is who?This year I'm borrowing a life jacket from my parents for Andrew to wear while in the pool. That way I feel comfortable with taking him in the water while I'm holding Kaitlynn. We still are planning on trying to teach him to swim but I can't do it by myself. I was very surprised that Andrew willingly put on the jacket and didn't put up a fuss. He had to get used to it but once he got the hand of it and realized that he wont drowned, he was all over that pool.

Here he is testing out his jacket on the stairs.

Here is a family picture, once I got into the pool.
Andrew was too excited to stay very long for the picture.
Kaitlynn had her fill of the water and preferred to sit in a chair in the shade and eat.
My poor little man has no fat. Even though is was hot, he was still shivering. So he kept going into the spa for a dip to warm up.
We stayed at the pool for a couple hours before I got to hungry for lunch. We walked down the the model homes where they were doing a festival with food. We played games, looked around the models and ate good food. There was corn dogs, popcorn, cotton candy, shaved ice, hot dogs, drinks and more. The games all have prizes and it tired the kids out. Andrew and Kaitlynn fell asleep on the drive around back to the house. I'm glad that I wasted half of my day out of the house with the kids. I just have to survive tomorrow before David get home from his Scout trip.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

The twin pictures are hilarious! At first glance they look like the same kid with the same expression. Your kids are so cute! Drew looks so much like David in that last picture. I'm glad Drew has no problem with the life vest. Michael wouldn't wear anything and he had no fear of the water, so we had to put him in swimming lessons early. You're so lucky to have a pool to go to. I'm jealous.

S.Shepherd said...

Drew has no fear either. Like I said in past years, "we just let him drowned." This year is different.

little miss shortcake said...

they are little twins!

esther said...

What a fun activity for the whole family. Being able to get out of the house is great!

grandma shepherd said...

Wow! they look similar in the same clothes! Thank goodness Drew wore the vest - he's so quick! Cute picture of you with the kids!

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

How fun!!! I can't believe how big Andrew is!!! Looks like an awesome day!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, they really do look similar!