LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Please feel free to leave a comment when You visit the blog. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

No more Bottles

Well, Andrew is totally off the bottle. To clear up a question that I have received. Yes, we took Andrew off the bottle cold turkey. We didn't to any gradual separation from the bottle. Ever since he was about a year old he was only getting a bottle for a nap and to go to bed only. The other feedings were substituted with a sippy cup and food. So for the past month or so, Andrew really hasn't been into drinking from a bottle but enjoyed the bonding time of cuddling in his chair in his room. So we just had to find the right routine, so that he would go down for a nap and bed without too much argument. It did take us a couple days to find the right routine. So I tried a couple days ago, at his nap time, to read a story to him in his chair while he drank his sippy cup. It worked great and not too much crying. Only a five minute or so cry. Since it worked so well, I told David to try this approach for his bed time. We have been doing this routine ever since. I have packed the bottles away for good.
The only thing that I can figure that was the biggest upset with Andrew was that bonding time was taken away at first. Everyday since he was born we have sat in that chair to drink a bottle to go to sleep. Since we originally stopped having that time, Andrew was getting upset. Not that he wasn't getting a bottle. He was upset that we weren't having that time together anymore. So we have gone back to that time and it is working out nice. Some days he still puts up a fight when we try to put him down for a nap. But eventually he just ends up passing out. (He thinks that he is going to miss something.)

P.S. He will take milk in his sippy cup now.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How exciting! The bonding is so important. Glad you found what works for him.